This Fresh and Light Simple Pasta dish is wonderful for a quick summer dinner! I used fresh basil from my garden to make the pesto and then I bought a large container of organic grape tomatoes from Costco, sliced them and seasoned them. I cooked some pasta and mixed it all together! Fresh and Healthy, this is great easy vegetarian dinner!
A quick tip, make sure to salt your pasta water really good, and then use the water when mixing everything at the end. I creates a beautiful creamy sauce without the heaviness of using cream!
Summer Pesto Pasta with Fresh1 Tomatoes
This fresh and simple pasta is great for a summer dinner! Make a quick pesto, slice and season some grape tomatoes and boil some pasta! So Good!
- 1 pkg. Spaghetti, made in Italy
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Basil
- 1/4 cup Toasted Slivered Almonds
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Lemon
- 2 tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Reggiano
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 cup Pasta Water
- 1 Large Pk. Grape Tomatoes, Slice in half
- To Make The Pesto: In a food Processor add in the Toasted Almonds and process until the nuts are very finely chopped. Add Basil, Garlic, salt and pepper. Process. Add Mayonnaise, Lemon Juice, Parmesan. With the processor running, slowly add the olive oil.For The Tomatoes: Chop the Tomatoes in half. Place them into a colander and sprinkle the tomatoes with, salt, pepper, sugar, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Stir and set aside. Boil the water for the pasta. Make the pasta according to the directions on the package. Reserve a cup of the boiling water before draining.Mix together the pesto, pasta and tomatoes. Use the reserved pasta water as needed to create this creamy well blended pesto and tomatoes. Serve with extra cheese and pepper flakes.