This easy family recipe for tuna pasta salad is one of my favourite recipes! Add veggies fresh herbs, tuna and pasta and this becomes an entire meal in no time at all!
There are so many benefits to eating tuna making this a great option for lunch!
This pasta salad recipe is also a great side dish for a summer time bbq or get together! My secret ingredient here is by adding a little pickle juice to the mix, it add a delicious sweet taste to the recipe and helps to blend the creamy mayonnaise. It is a delicious blend of ingredients that makes this dish so satisfying.
Tip: I like to boil my noodles 1 minute past al dente on the package, drain the pasta (and do not rinse with water), and then pour the noodles onto a baking sheet to cool. While the pasta is cooling I add all of the other ingredients into a large bowl and mix.
Whether you are making this tuna pasta salad in advance or making it fresh to eat, keep it chilled until you are ready to serve. Add in a little salt and pepper to taste and watch the flavours pop when served cold!
Fresh Tuna Pasta Salad
- 1 package of bow ties pasta noodles
- 1 can flaked white tuna in water
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1/2 red onion diced small
- 1-2 tbsp. fresh dill chopped fine
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- 1/4 cup bread and butter pickles chopped
- 1/4 cup of the Sweet Pickle Juice
- 2 tbsp. plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup of Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup milk or just enough to loosen the mayo
- Squeeze of lemon
- Sprinkle Garlic powder
- Sprinkle Onion powder
- Sprinkle Paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Boil Pasta until al dente on the pasta package and add a minute. Do not rinse. Drain pasta and immediately pour onto a large baking sheet and let the pasta cool. this prevents the pasta from sticking to each other.Mix all the other ingredients in a large bowl. Once the pasta is cooled, mix everything together.Serve cold.
2 thoughts on “Classic Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe”
This is the FIRST recipe that I’m going to try from your blog of what looks like a ton of wanderfull recipes. Tuna noodle salad is my FAVORITE thing in the world and this one looks DELISH!
Thank You Lauri!! I hope you like my recipe😊
Comments are closed.