It’s all in the Toppings! This Pizza is so easy to throw together for an easy weeknight dinner! I love this pizza because it is different from the traditional pizza! I use BBQ Sauce as the base instead of the traditional tomato-based sauce. I love to use Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce.
- BBQ Chicken
- Ricotta Cheese
- Red Onion
Do you have a pizza stone? I love to use mine on the bbq! I light two sides of the bbq and place the stone on the unlit side. I let the bbq heat up for at least 20 minutes or until it reads 500 degrees on the bbq. It actually works out to be the perfect time to prepare the pizza.
I like to place the pizza dough on a perforated pizza tray or a pizza pan with holes. I assemble the pizza and place the pizza and the tray on the pizza stone and bake for approximately 4 minutes. It will slide off easily now right on the direct stone for the final cooking time. It comes out really nice! The pizza only takes around 10 minutes to cook! This is great for a quick meal!
I love to make a salad using spring mix or rocket greens and avocado. I like to dress the salad with my Homemade Ranch Dressing and top it with avocado! So easy to make and really delicious! It tastes so good if you put it directly on top of the pizza. It’s like a cool fresh taste! Yum!
BBQ Chicken Pizza With Rocket Greens
- 1 pkg. Store Bought Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce, I love Sweet Baby Ray's Sauce
- 2 Chicken Breasts, Grilled and chopped into cubes
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 Tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Goat cheese, crumbled
- Ricotta cheese
Rocket Green Salad and Avocado
- 4 cups Spring Mix, washed and dried throughly
- 1 Avocado, cubed, and chilled
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the bbq on the two sides of the bbq and keeping one side unlit. Place your pizza stone on the unlit side of the bbq and allow it to heat up for at least 20 minutes. For the Pizza, Cut the dough in half to make two pizzas. Roll out your dough to fit a pizza perforated round pan. Spread out the bbq sauce on the base of the pizza. Add the mozzarella cheese, and crumbled goat cheese. Add your toppings: mushrooms, red onions, chicken, peppers, and tomato. Place dollops of ricotta cheese in the areas that have space. Place the pizza on the stone and cook for approximately 5 minutes. Using a spatula move the pizza off the perforated round pizza pan and place the pizza directly onto the stone to finish cooking, approximately another 5 minutes or when it is cooked to your liking.For the Salad: Mix the spring mix with the ranch dressing. Add Salt and Pepper. Add the salad to the middle of a slightly cooled pizza and top with Cold cubed avocados. Delicious!
Would love to hear from you! Comment below or ask me a question! Thanks for reading.